Gunnedah Shire Council
Customer Service, Communications and Design, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Manufacturing/Operations, Marketing, Office Administration, Public Administration, Purchasing/Procurement
Gunnedah Shire Council
0267 402 100
63 Elgin Street , GUNNEDAH, New South Wales, 2380, Australia
The Koala Capital of the world offers much more than just our famous furry friends! With a population of approx. 12,826, Gunnedah is a commodity hub and major destination on the intersection of the Kamilaroi Highway Touring Route and Oxley Highway.
Gunnedah also offers excellent lifestyle amenities and embodies a warm welcome that is only found on rural Australia. Gunnedah Shire Council is committed to providing a friendly and helpful service to all stakeholders. We are dedicated to Gunnedah being a liveable and accessible community for all ages and demographics. Additionally, we actively promote economic and business development in the region and are proud to be a one-stop-shop for enquiries regarding our responsibilities under other NSW laws including the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, the Public Health Act and the Companion Animals Act.
Council's functions include:
Provide for development in the local area.
Provide for local services and facilities that benefit ratepayers, residents and visitors.
Protect health and provide for the welfare, wellbeing and interests of the local community.
Represent and promote the interests of ratepayers and residents.
Establish and support organisations and programs targeting the local community.
Protect the environment and improve local amenity.
Attract and provide infrastructure for commerce, tourism and industry.
Manage, improve and develop resources available to Council.
Looking for Candidates with the Following Attributes
- Strong work ethic - Conscientious motivated and dedicated to getting the job done
- Team player - Cooperate and work well in groups and teams
- Reliable and dependable - Turns up on time, does what they say they will do.
- Communication skills - Clear and proactive communicator.
- Courtesy, respect, polite - Respectful of other team members, leaders, customers and partners.
- Willingness to learn - Open to new learning experiences
- Initiative & proactive - Shows wise initiative to help customers and colleagues
- Motivated & Enthusiastic - Positive personality at work, eager to learn and help the organisation
- Personal presentation - Presents themselves well and appropriately for the workplace
- Listen and follow instructions - Actively listens and can take direction from managers and leaders
- Digital literacy - Capable of using communications technology appropriately and professionally
- Confidence - Has confidence in themselves to perform well in the role
- Customer service skills - Champions the customer and makes them feel valued
- Work under pressure - Can work under pressure to deliver
- Attention to detail - Ensures that quality work is done
- Problem solving & decision making skills - Capable of assessing situations, understand a problem and make the right decision to help resolve it
- Safety awareness - Does not take any safety risks
- Work experience placements
- Graduate positions / internships